2012. március 4., vasárnap

Homework - "To realize your potential, dare to be different"

Article summary:

In this article you can read about how you can be succesful in life. Rich Horwath (the editor) claims that in order to realize our full potential, we must embrace the style that makes us unique. Success goes to those who are willing to be different in ways that bring value to others. He mentioned that e
veryone has a unique style built on differences in background, abilities, temperament, and so forth. The difficult thing is uncovering and living that unique style. He also mentioned that strategy is inherently about doing different things than the competition or doing the same things in different ways than the competition. It's not about being better, it's about being different.

The editor shows us two examples about two people who dared to be different.
1. Damien Hirst a Britis artist created a series of artworks in which dead animals are preserved 
in formaldehyde. His artwork caused a great debate on what is or is not art. Hirst's different artistic activity has propelled him to become reportedly Britain's richest living artist
2. 
Grant Achatz an award-winning chef has taken the common activity of cooking and is transforming it in different ways. His latest restaurant, Next, erves four menus per year, from great moments in culinary history or the future. Achatz has taken the common activity of running a restaurant and is constantly finding new ways to do it differently.



Five questions to help me discover my differentiation:


1. What are the activities I perform that are truly different from those others perform?
My special skill is drawing. 


2. What are the similar activities  I perform in different ways than others do?I learned drawing in an autodidact way. So I think I have a unique style in it.

3. What characteristics or traits do I have that are unique to me?I' m tolerant. While growing up, I was taught to respect everyone. My parents told me give respect to all those I met, no matter what race, religion, skin color, appearance person was. I was to treat everyone with the same attitude equally. In my mind, I feel that world tolerance is the only path toward true peace among all nations. I'm creative too, and I like doing things with my hands, because it makes me happy.



4. What resources do I have that are different from those of others?
I don't know. :/



5. What is the primary differentiated value I bring to people in my life?
I'm an extremely cheerful person. I laugh easily, and I can make other people laugh as well. 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése