2012. február 15., szerda

Homework - Movie review and criticism

I'm not a professional in the cinema field, I'm not a critic. I'm just an average person who likes movies and this is definitely a movie not to miss. P.S. I Love You has become my favorite of all. I have seen it a number of times and could watch it hundreds more. It's an American drama directed by Richard LaGravenese. It was released in 2007. The story is about Holly(Hilary Swank) and Gerry (Gerard Butler), who are a married couple. They are deeply in love. Gerry dies suddenly of a brain tumor. Holly takes his death extremely hard and shuts herself off from her friends and the rest of the world. However, a short time after his funeral Holly starts to receive letters from Gerry that he had written before he died. The first message arrives on Holly's 30th birthday in the form of cake, and to her utter shock, a tape recording from Gerry, who proceeds to tell her to get out and "celebrate herself". In the weeks and months that follow, more letters are delivered in surprising ways, each sending her on a new adventure and each signing off in the same way "P.S. I love you". Her mother and her best friends begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. So all these letters, whose purpose is to assist in helping Holly, deal with her grieving and ultimately release her so that she can get on living her life. It's a type of movie where you are laughing through your tears. I think the entire story is original, there really isn't any other movie like this. I think the reason why this film is so enjoyable is one minute you're in tears because of what is happening, and while you are still sniffing and wiping your eyes, suddenly something  funny happens and you are laughing. There are many good scenes in the film, but I would like two show you two of my favorites. In the first video you can see Gerry joking with the strip tease dance. The second one is a scene in which Gerry singing "Galway Girl" to Holly in the pub.


2 megjegyzés:

  1. Nice review Vivien, you've done a great job! this is actually one of my favorite movies too. :)

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Thank you. I'm glad you also like this movie. :D

    VálaszTörlés